Command Sergeant Major Edward W. Mitchell
Division Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major Edward Mitchell was born in Richmond, Virginia. He enlisted in the United States Army in October 1986 and attended One Station Unit Training (OSUT), in D Troop, 6th Cavalry Regiment Fort Knox, Kentucky. His assignments include: Charlie and Echo Troop, 5th Squadron, 12th Cavalry, Fort Knox, Kentucky; Bravo Troop, 1st Squadron, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, Fort Bliss, Texas; Cold Region Test Center (CRTC), Fort Greely, Alaska; L Troop, 3rd Squadron, 11th Armored Cavalry Regiment, Bad Hersfield, Germany; Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 1st Armor Training Brigade, Fort Knox, Kentucky; Bravo and Charlie Troop, 5th Squadron, 15th Cavalry Regiment, Fort Knox, Kentucky; Alpha Troop, 3rd Squadron, 4th Cavalry Regiment, Schofield Barracks, Hawaii; H Company, 2nd Squadron, 2nd Armored Cavalry Regiment, Fort Polk, Louisiana; Headquarters and Headquarters Troop, 5th Squadron, 15th Cavalry Regiment; Battalion CSM for 1st Battalion, 66th Armor Regiment, Fort Hood, Texas; Squadron CSM, 3rd Squadron 16th Cavalry Regiment, Fort Knox, Kentucky; Regimental CSM 16th Cavalry Regiment, Brigade CSM 316th Cavalry Brigade Fort Knox; 316th Cavalry Brigade, Fort Benning, GA. Brigade CSM; 7th Brigade Cadet Command, Fort Knox Kentucky; Eighth Army CSM and G3/5/7/9 SGM, Yongsan Korea.
CSM Mitchell’s military/civilian education includes Primary, Basic and Advance Noncommissioned Officer Course, Battle Staff and First Sergeant Course, Bradley Master Gunner Course, Drill Sergeant School, Scout Platoon Leader Course, Pathfinder Course, Air Assault Course, Sergeant Majors Academy, Command Sergeant Major course. CSM Mitchell holds an Associate’s Degree from Central Texas College, Bachelor of Science from the University of Louisville and a Master of Science in Computer Information Systems from University of Phoenix.
CSM Mitchell has held numerous leadership and staff positions including Brigade, Battalion and Squadron Command Sergeant Major, Squadron Operations Sergeant Major, Squadron and Troop Master Gunner, HHT and Tank Company First Sergeant, Platoon Sergeant and Section Sergeant. CSM Mitchell is presently the Division Command Sergeant Major of the 2D Infantry Division/ROK-US Combined Division/ROK-US Combined Division.
- Combat Action Badge
- Legion of Merit
- Bronze Star Medal (with one oak leaf cluster)
- Meritorious Service Medal (with four oak leaf clusters)
- Army Commendation Medal (with six oak leaf clusters)
- Army Achievement Medal (with seven oak leaf clusters)
- Presidential Unit Award (with one oak leaf cluster)
- Good Conduct Medal (7th Award)
- National Defense Service Medal (with two Bronze Stars)
- Southwest Asia Service Medal (with two Bronze Stars)
- Military Outstanding Volunteer Service Medal
- Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
- Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
- United Nations Medal
- Kuwait Liberation Medal (Saudi Arabia)
- Kuwait Liberation Medal (Kuwait)
- NCO Professional Development Ribbon (numeral 4)
- Overseas Service Ribbon (4th Award)
- Army Service Ribbon
- Order of St. George
- Pathfinder Badge
- Air Assault Badge
- Drill Sergeant Badge.