Inspector General


Serve as the confidential advisor and fact finder to the Commanding General, 2nd Infantry Division and reports on the state of the economy, efficiency, discipline, morale, and readiness of assigned and attached units and activities.

1st QTR, FY 20 IG Bulletin-BAH Rules  ||  2st QTR, FY 20 IG Bulletin  || IG Brochure ||
3rd QTR FY 20 IG Brochure Driver’s Training Program

Before You Call

Before you call the Inspector General (IG) Office, please take the following into consideration.

    Be sure you have a problem, not just a peeve.

  • Are the cooks turning out lousy chow or was it just one bad meal.
  • Give your chain of command a chance to solve the problem.

  • Many problems must be addressed to the chain of command for resolution anyway.
  • If IG assistance is needed, contact you local IG first.

  • IGs at higher commands will normally refer the case to the local IG for action.
  • Be honest and do not provide misleading information.

  • IGs will discover the truth quickly in most cases, and there are penalties for knowingly providing false information.
  • Keep in mind the IG Office is not a policy maker.

  • If a policy is flawed, you can submit a proposed change on DA Form 2028.
  • Keep in mind that IGs can only recommend, not order a resolution.

  • Only Commanders can order. The role of the IG is to advise the Commander.
  • Remember IGs can only resolve a case on the basis of fact.

  • Your claim that a supervisor has violated the rules does not make it fact. A claim must be supported with evidence.
  • Do not expect instant action on your request. Be patient.

  • Investigations take time, and IGs tend to have heavy workloads.
  • Be prepared to take "No" for an answer.

  • In any case - "Yes" or "No" - the IG will explain why.


Camp Humphreys
Bldg #6500 (Freeman Hall), 1st Floor, Room #108.01216

Hours of Operation

Mon-Thurs 0930-1700
Fri 0930-1030 1300-1700
Lunch (Closed) 1130-1300
Closed Weekends and Federal / Training Holidays


Satellite Location: Camp Casey

Building: S-2031 
Hours of Operation: Wednesday 0900 - 1500hrs (Walk-In)   1500-1700  (By Appointment Only)
Lunch (Closed) 1130-1300
Closed Federal/Training Holidays
Telephone: 722-1753

Contact Information

Email: Contact the Inspector General at

Was this page helpful?