The Fires Brigade, 2nd Infantry Division was originally constituted on 21 September 1917 as the 2nd Field Artillery Brigade. The unit was partially organized in October 1917 at Governors Island, New York, and assigned to the 2nd Division (later redesignated as the 2nd Infantry Division). The organization was completed on 1 January 1918 in Le Valdahon, France. During World War I, firing in support of both US and Allied Forces, the 2nd Field Artillery Brigade participated in key battles fought at Aisne, Ile de France, Aisne-Marne, Lorraine, and Meuse-Argonne. For its actions, the unit was awarded the French Croix de Guerre with 2 Palms and the French Fourragere. Following the war, the unit returned to Fort Sam Houston and was disbanded on 7 October 1939.
On 10 September 1940, the unit was reconstituted in the Regular Army as Headquarters and Headquarters Battery, 2nd Division Artillery and activated on 1 October 1940 at Fort Sam Houston, Texas. The 2nd Division Artillery entered WWII with the Normandy landing on 7 June 1944 and fired in support of the Division through France, Belgium, Germany, and into Czechoslovakia. In July 1945, the 2nd Division Artillery departed Le Havre, France for Camp Swift, Texas and began training for operations in the Pacific Theater. The war in the Pacific ended before it could be deployed. For its actions in WWII, 2nd Division Artillery earned Campaign Streamers embroidered Normandy, Northern France, Rhineland, Ardennes-Alsace, and Central Europe. The unit was mentioned in official dispatches for action in Ardennes and Elsenborn Crest and was awarded the Belgian Fourragere.
In August 1950, The 2nd Division Artillery moved with the rest of the Division into the Pusan perimeter. There, the 2nd Infantry Division relieved the 24th Infantry Division. The 2nd Division Artillery fired in support of US, ROK, and UN forces until the cessation of the war and deployed back to Fort Lewis, WA in 1954. For actions in Korea, the unit earned ten Campaign Streamers and was awarded two Republic of Korea Presidential Unit Citations.
From 1965 through 2006, the DIVARTY was stationed at Camp Stanley, Korea, ready to fight and deter North Korean aggression. The headquarters of the 2nd Division Artillery relocated from Camp Stanley to Camp Casey in September 2005 as part of the 2nd Infantry Division Transformation Plan. Under the transformation of the 2nd Infantry Division to the US Army’s new modular force structure, the 2nd Division Artillery was inactivated and reactivated as 2nd Fires Brigade. This unit consisted of a Headquarters and Headquarters Battery, 6-37th Field Artillery, and 1-38th Field Artillery, all stationed at Camp Casey, and the 702nd Brigade Support Battalion at Camp Castle. On 30 November 2006, the Fires Brigade, 2nd Infantry Division was inactivated, and personnel reflagged as the 210th Fires Brigade. On 25 September 2014, the 2nd Division Artillery reactivated on Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Washington. Subsequently, the DIVARTY relocated from JBLM, Washington and was reestablished on USAG-Humphreys on 16 September 2021.